I have discovered in the one plus year that I have been blogging that the rewards to doing something I love can be endless.
One of such rewards include the nomination for the Liebster Award. This is an award that recognizes and honors new bloggers who have 200 or less followers on their blog site. This award not only brings recognition for hard work but also provides a great way to connect with others in the blogging world.
TO MY NOMINATOR
I would like to say a BIG thank you to Cassie Wilson over at http://cassielwilson.com for nominating me and paying me this great honor. Cassie is a very sweet and lovable gal, who blogs with great enthusiasm and with the heart-felt desire to encourage others in their Christian walk.
Reading her blogs always leave me with a smile because she radiates so much with the joy of the Lord. One of Cassie’s latest post cassiewilson.com/what-we-can-learn-from-numb shares her unique style and her love for the word of God.
My Favorite Blog
I have met so many wonderful ladies on this journey. This makes it very difficult to pick just one blogger as my favorite. I do not believe I have ever been a part of a more encouraging and inspiring bunch of women who have a limitless desire to serve and honor God with authenticity and transparency. However, I have to say, without a doubt, Carmen Brown has forever left an imprint on my heart.
Carmen writes over at http://marriedbyhisgrace.com. She is a wife and mama of 5, while blogging full-time as she seeks to encourage and inspire women “in building a Christ-like home in [God’s] mercy and grace.” She has a true passion for marriages. Not only does Carmen write with expertise but she has a vast knowledge base from which she takes great pleasure in teaching and encouraging others to genuinely write for the glory of God. This is quite evident as she passionately and enthusiastically co-lead the ByHisGraceBloggers group. Please check her out and give her some well deserving love.
Questions from the Nominator – My Answers
- Favorite book author? I love to read and I have read many great books over the years. However, while in high school, as part of our English class curriculum, I had the pleasure to read John Howard Griffin’s book Black like Me. This book describes the journey of a white journalist who temporarily colored his skin black to experience life as an African-American in the deep south in the late 1950’s. In his book, John eloquently described his experiences with discrimination and segregation.. a great read and a book I will not soon forget.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world I would go to Paris, France. I am definitely a romantic at heart and I have heard Paris is a place of great romance. I think the architecture is beautiful, the pastries look delicious and the French language is sexy.
- Do I journal? I use to journal but life got so busy that I most times find myself just jotting down notes to myself. I would, however, love to get back into journaling. It just might get my thoughts a bit more organized.
- If I could switch careers? Honestly, after working as a Registered Nurse for almost 28 years, I cannot see myself switching careers. But if I really had to, I would choose something with less hours and no shift work. Right now I would love to retire!!
- Biggest accomplishment while blogging? To actually see my writing and know that it’s not me but God working through me.
- Coke or Pepsi? I’m definitely a coke girl. Nothing worst than going to a restaurant and request a coke only to be asked “Pepsi ok?” My answer…”if I must”.
- City or country? I presently live in the country and I love it. It is so much more quiet and peaceful and nothing beats seeing cows and horses instead of concrete buildings.
- Favorite bible verse? I have it on my blog side bar. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” It encourages me and gives me hope.
- What would I do for a Klondike bar? Well I’ve never had one but now my interest is piqued.
- Why did I start blogging? I have always wanted to write. More of an introvert, I find I express myself more in writing. Blogging initially was not on my radar, but when I felt called to the ministry of writing, blogging became the tool of choice.
IT GIVES ME GREAT PLEASURE TO NOMINATE…..
Lorin over at http://mystorydefined.com. Lorin is a woman of faith who desires to show other wives and mothers that they are not alone. She encourages others to experience God with them.
Shawneequa over at http://elevatethroughfaith.com. Shawneequa writes from her heart and my favorite post of hers is Faith is spiritual not logical.
Annie over at http://dailyhisdisciple.com. Annie enjoys teaching and encouraging others to walk in the wisdom of God’s word on a daily basis.
Wanda over at http://thewandabelin.blogspot.ca. Wanda encourages us all to be true ambassadors of faith.
Marissa over at http://marissaofthesevenseas.com. Marissa is a Pastor who shares her thoughts and adventures with those who desire to know God intimately.
Sweet sisters you have all been nominated for the Liebster award!! Help us get to know you better by answering the following questions.
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
- Who is your favorite author/favorite book?
- In your free time, what do you most like to do?
- What is your go to bible verse?
- Where would you go for a dream vacation?
- Tea or Coffee?
- Which of your blog post is your favorite and why?
- Favorite holiday, Christmas or Thanksgiving?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Favorite genre for a movie; romance, comedy or drama?
OFFICIAL LIEBSTER 2017 AWARD RULES
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and choose to accept, write an article with the following:
- Acknowledge the person and their blog that nominated you and link back.
- Display the 2017 Liebster Award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word article about your favourite blog and provide a link.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs deserving of the award.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
I would like to say thank you again to Cassie for nominating me for this award. As I mentioned earlier, there are some great rewards to blogging. However, it is not always an easy journey and there are always obstacles to overcome. That been said, it is such an encouragement when you are recognized by others who understand what you do and why you do it. You are a great gal, Cassie and I just want to take this time to encourage you to keep doing what you are doing for God. To those who have taken the time to read my blog, I pray you have been encouraged. Always know, no matter what you go through, you are not alone. Stay true to who you are and Whose you are and may you be blessed.